On Thursday, it was confirmed on Twitter that Britney Spears' next album would be released in March 2011.

The singer wrote: "My fans mean the world to me & waking up to all of your wishes really made me smile, so here's something that I hope will make you smile... I'm almost done with my new album and it will be coming out this March. I AM IN L-O-V-E WITH IT!"

The Hollywood Reporter(THR) originally reported that the 29-year-old singer's seventh LP would be out in early 2011 during an exclusive interview with producer Lukasz "Dr. Luke" Gottwald. In late October, he spoke fondly of Spears: "She's such an icon; I don't want to let anyone down. But most importantly, I want to make good music."

When THR asked about Spears' latest effort, Dr. Luke said, "She's such an amazing vehicle to getting that music out to a lot of people in every country."

Spears' manager Adam Leber had tweeted earlier in the day: "The announcement you've all been waiting for is coming today. Tell a friend..."

Dr. Luke worked on several tracks on Spears' last album, 2008's Circus, which sold 1.7 million copies in the U.S.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home